Flavorful, and fully loaded meal all rolled into one for the entire family!
Assembly Time: 20mins
Serving: 6- 8
½ cup red onion, diced
½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
½ cup tomato, diced
½ lbchorizoor breakfast sausage, (casings removed)
1 avocado, diced
1 tea spoon NOXX Caribbean Taste Calypso Jerk Rub
2 cups refried beans
2 table spoons butter
6- 8(8- inch) flour burrito tortillas
Salt and pepper to taste
Be Inspired by taste
1. Heat up a large non-stick skillet or well-seasoned cast iron on medium heat. Pour in the eggs and start to scramble the eggs. Next, season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Remove and set aside.
2. Add breakfast sausage or chorizo to the same pan and cook until fully cooked through. Season with Noxx Caribbean Taste Calypso Jerk Seasoning. Strain and set aside.
1. Warm tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until soft and flexible. 2 Place tortillas on a surface, board or plate then add cheese, sausage, eggs, tomato, onions, and refried beans. Only add avocados if you are eating it immediately.
3. Next, fold the breakfast burrito. Pick up the edge of the tortilla closest to you, and fold it over the filling. Then fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over so that the tortilla encloses the filling. Fold both sides in, one side at a time. With both ends folded, tightly roll your burrito until fully wrapped and secured. You may freeze at this point or proceed with the next step.
1. Heat up a large skillet and add butter. Once the butter melts and it starts to sizzle, add the burrito, brown each side for about 2-3 minutes. Remove, slice in half, and serve with salsa, sour cream, or on its own.
Tips & Notes:
1. How to Fold a Burrito?
Pick up the edge of the tortilla closest to you, and fold it over the filling. Then fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over so that the tortilla encloses the filling. Fold both sides in, one side at a time. With both ends folded, tightly roll your burrito until it is fully wrapped and secured.
2. Can You Replace with Refried Beans?
If you don't want to go through all the trouble in making refried beans, you can just actually switch it up with canned and drained black or pinto beans.
3. Can You Refrigerate Them?
Yes, you can. Just hold the avocado, sour cream, and salsa until you are ready to serve. These burritos keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
4. How to Make Them Healthier?
Replace flour tortilla with a whole wheat tortilla. Then replace meat with sautéed veggies like mushrooms and peppers. Omit the cheese.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.