Jerk and Pepper Jack Cheese Biscuits
Taste the Jerk! Light and airy cheesy biscuits packed with Pepper Jack Cheese and La Caribbean Taste Calypso Jerk Seasoning.
Total Time:25 mins
¼ cup fine milled cornmeal
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
1 ½ cups packed shredded pepper jack cheese, divided (1 ¼ cup and ¼ cup)
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon La Caribbean Taste Calypso Jerk Seasoning
1 teaspoon La Caribbean Taste Soca Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl, and add pepper jack cheese. (dry ingredients: flour, milled cornmeal, salt, sugar, La Caribbean Taste Calypso Jerk Seasoning, and baking powder. Stir in 1 ¼ cups of the grated pepper jack cheese.
3. Add La Caribbean Taste Soca Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce into the cream and mix. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the cream into the center of the well and with your hands gently bring together the ingredients.If you need to add a bit more cream then do so using a trickle at a time. You want sticky and clumpy dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a surface lightly dusted with flour. Knead the dough for about 3 or 4 times until the dough comes together.
5. Form the dough into a disc about 3/4-inch to an inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter (or a small juice glass) to cut round biscuit shapes out of the disk. Combine the leftover dough and keep forming small round biscuit shapes until the dough is used up.
6. Place on a silicone-lined or parchment lined baking sheet, with at least an inch or two between the biscuits. Brush the tops of the biscuits with a little more cream. Top the biscuits with a sprinkle of the remaining pepper jack cheese.7.Bake at 425°F (220°C) for about 11-12 minutes or until golden and the pepper jack cheese is nicely melted.
Be inspired By Taste