Scrambled Spicy Curry Tofu and Mushrooms (Vegan)
A great vegan breakfast option – scrambled tofu with mushrooms and spicy curry.
Total Time: 20 mins
Yield: 2 servings
1 container firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
1 cup mushroom, sliced
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil, or canola oil
1 tomato, diced
2 teaspoons NOXX CARIBBEAN TASTE Spicy Rhythm Curry Seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a skillet and toss in the sliced mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt to help it lose its water. When the mushrooms have lost most of the water move the mushrooms to a plate to be re-added later.
2. Sauté the garlic and onion in olive or canola oil in a large skillet. Allow to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to get soft.
3. Add the crumbled tofu and give it a quick stir.
4. Add the LA CARIBBEAN TASTE Spicy Rhythm Curry Seasoning, salt and pepper to the skillet, stirring well to make sure the curry fully coats the tofu.
5. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, then add the diced tomato, and cooked mushrooms, and allow to heat, stirring frequently for another 3 minutes or so, until the tofu is hot and slightly crispy on the outside. (You may need to add a bit more oil if needed during the cooking process.)
6. Ready to serve!
Be inspird By taste